Thursday, May 27, 2010

Looking Back and Moving Forward


Aventura - Miami Townhouse - Lived there 2+ years


James' Family's House - lived there part time


Last Family House for the Crooke's

A few weeks ago James found out that he would be attending school out here, thus we would be staying in Los Angeles for 3-4 more years. This reality was a tough one to swallow, as I really still consider Fort Lauderdale to be my home. The solution to this problem - visit Florida to see the difference and try to remember why I left. I had one week to visit my family, ,friends and see James' family for the first time as his fiance.

One of my goals when I was there to take pictures of the last 2 houses I lived in, as well as my last family house. This process was about preserving those fond times in my life and remembering that those times have past, and that I am creating new memories, as I am now in another stage of my life. The pictures in this post show those different locations. Of chose they are all slightly different then they were when I lived there, but that too is a great reminder that time has pasted.

While in Florida I felt reinvigorated, and inspired about the path that I am on. Leaving Florida was partially about school, but a lot about finding myself and creating my life the way I want to live it. I was reminded of the small scale of Florida when I was there and the limited options. I really enjoy the diversity of where I live.

So while my plans have greatly changed since I have left Florida, especially in terms of school, I am still on a path that is developing, graduate degree or not. I still believe that I will get through graduate school, and find a career path that I feel strongly about, but in the meantime I am loving California and the awesome nature it provides.

No comments: