Thursday, August 28, 2008

Internship - Update

So the word on my internship. Well, I applied to two sites, and I got calls from both. The site that I was really interested in is at Tewksbury State hospital in Tewksbury, MA. This is the oldest state hospital in the country, so it has a really good reputation and really interesting programs, so I was really excited when I found out I got it! Below there is a link that you can check out that explains one of the new technologies that is being used at the hospital to create music with individuals with varying disabilities. They also have visiting artists come throughout the year.

I'll be working with 2 different populations: medical rehabilitation and in-patient pysch. The first mentioned is the population that I'm most interested, but I also have the ability to learn even more at this site by having 2 distinctly different populations.

I'll be the 3rd intern that they will have this year. They normally only have 2, but when the supervisor saw my resume she said that she would make an exception in bringing me on too. I guess she liked me. Well, I am really flattered and excited about this opportunity. This will be a great addition to my resume.

I'm suppose to start the week of Sept. 22nd. So I'll keep you updated on how it's going. I will be working there 2 days a week.

Check out this video if you have a minute. It made me cry the first time I saw it because it was just so beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj2QoLhfwew

No comments: