Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Hampshire Day Trip

Today is suppose to be the last sunny and beautiful day for the rest of the week. As you may or may not have read, yesterday was not the nicest day, but did offer some adventure. In a carpe diem moment, James and I decided to take off on a day trip for a few hours to visit New Hampshire. This being our first trip to NH, we were both blown away by it's beauty.

We left around noon time and an hour later we were in NH, but still another hour away from our destination: Dublin, NH. As we got closer to our destination the altitude got higher and the trees bigger and tougher looking. The trees we saw looked like they have out lived some of the coldest winters imaginable. One of the most surprising things we saw were Moose Crossing signs. I knew we were North, but I didn't think we were that far.

Once reaching Dublin we stopped in at a little store called Hedge House for a souvenir, as we collect magnets from every state that we have traveled through. I also bought a beautiful porcelain pencil holder and a piece of neon green Fenton glass, which was their specialty. We made one more stop for the bathroom and then headed back for home.

In living in the Northeast I have to keep reminding myself that this is such a special time of year and will not last. I often remind myself that this place will be freezing in a few months time, and the summer is a time to be enjoyed outdoors. This is a very different perspective than I had in Florida. The summers in Florida were a time to be feared for their heat, and lacked out door enjoyment.

Returning home I couldn't believe I had seen mountains today. What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon! Make sure to check out some of our photos on JJriders.com (soon to be a fully operational site full of motorcycle travel info, but currently linked to our Flicker photos).

No comments: