Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Job

Last month I accepted a position back at Side Street Projects where I worked before my current job. It turns out that they had an opening and the director contacting me before making it public. It felt very flattering to be considered for this opportunity, and it came at the perfect time.

I had accepted my current job at ECF Art Center because I wanted the experience of managing an Art Center. I knew that it was not a job that I would stay at long, but I told myself to give it a year. Once the year passed I started fiercely looking. I even investigated going back to school and started doing observation hours at a physical therapy office. I made a goal to get out of my current job by the first of the year. I have a big birthday coming up in February that I didn't want to be in a job I hate.

For the next 2 weeks I will be working 3 jobs: ECF Program Manager, Side Street Projects Operations Manager, and PT Observer (a volunteer position). It is going to be challenging, but I'm looking forward to the extra income it wil produce. I'm also looking forward to being in a job I enjoy. I am excited to have this new opportunity and will update as it moves forward.

No comments: