Monday, February 28, 2011

My 28th Birthday


This year for my birthday was vastly different than last year, as I was heavily consumed with my first solo-show opening at Side Street Projects. There are 3 pieces featured there, including a 3/4 acres outdoor installation that will remain up for 1.5 months. This installation was very time consuming and a new feat for me. I did however, take the day off of installing for my birthday, but did spend most of the day at school in class.

At the end of the day I came home to my awesome partner in life that had a home-made cake waiting. To continue the celebratory feel, we went to a local wine and tapas restaurant called Brix in Silver Lake, CA. After sampling a few flavors and some wine we headed back home to cut into the cake, opening some presents and rest a little before the next day started again.

This birthday I gave myself one of the best birthday gifts, a successful opening!

No comments: